A key objective
Our goal: By 2030, 80% of our total assets under management will be aligned with a decarbonisation target compatible with the goals of the Paris Agreement. Our ambition: 2050: carbon neutrality for all our portfolios. With this cross-functional and highly determined pathway to decarbonisation for all our portfolios, we have highlighted our aim of making the climate criterion the central focus of our portfolio management.
We have undertaken to be transparent on the methodology employed, and on our actual positioning along this trajectory, in accordance with the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative which we joined in 2021.
Three deployment levers
In order to achieve our goal, we are already working to mobilise 3 SRI levers while systematically incorporating climate issues :
1) shareholder engagement to encourage companies to change their practices and align with climate transition goals
2) exclusion of non-aligned assets
3) integration of the transition criterion in our stock and bond picking strategies.
Focus : high-impact sectors
The investments made by LBP AM and Tocqueville Finance in fossil fuels are governed by two policies seeking shared objectives :
4 objectives :
• Reduce our exposure to energy assets generating high carbon emissions
• Optimise the selection of portfolio sectors and companies to reduce climate risks
• Support portfolio companies in making their own transition
• Increase investments in companies offering solutions promoting the energy transition
Our portfolio management tools
To be able to steer our efforts to reach our objective, we integrate climate alignment in our analysis and selection tools. In addition to developing sector policies, we do this by acquiring databases on the climate performances of companies, their integration in our sustainability assessment systems, and developing proprietary corporate alignment assessment tools.
Energy transition financing offer
LBP AM and Tocqueville Finance currently manages and sells 3 funds placing the environment at the heart of their investment strategy : LBPAM ISR Actions Environnement, LBPAM ISR Global Climate Change and LBPAM Infrastructure Debt Climate Impact Fund.